Cart 0

Billing and payment

How do I pay?

For students, store balances will be automatically transferred to CalCentral at the end of each semester or summer semester. Balances must be paid in CalCentral within 30 days. If you wish to pay using an alternative payment method please contact before balances are transferred to CalCentral. For Summer 2017, the transfer will occur on Tuesday August 15th.

Staff, group accounts, and non-student users can pay using credit/debit card (in-person only), check or chartstring.

In person payment options for staff and non-students

Payments can be made by credit card, debit card or a check payable to UC Regents; money orders and cashier’s checks are also accepted.

We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit and debit cards (in-person payment only)
- Personal checks, money orders, & cashier's checks made out to “UC Regents”

Payment can be completed at the Jacobs Hall 2nd floor reception desk, room 234. General office hours are:

  • 9:00 am to 11:30 am
  • 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm

      If you have any questions, please contact

      Chartstring payment for group and research accounts 

      1. Download the chartstring form and complete all fields in yellow.
      2. Ask your PI or Research Support Officer (RSO) to email the completed form to with the following statement in the email body:
      3. “I approve the $XX.XX charge for Jacobs Hall (Semester Year) Material Store Payment to chartstring XXXXX-XXX”


        Can someone else pay my store balance for me? 

        Yes, please see below for acceptable methods.

        For credit & debit cards:

        1. Provide the person paying on your behalf with your full name, your student ID number (digits on the front of your Cal1Card) and your official Berkeley email address.
        2. Only the person paying on your behalf needs to come in person to use their card. 
        3. You may not give your own card to someone else and have them use it.

        For checks:

        1. Please ask the person issuing the check to write your full name and your student ID number on the memo/for line of the check.
        2. Provide the person paying on your behalf with your official Berkeley email address.
        3. The person issuing the check should make the check payable to "UC Regents" 


        Can I pay by mailing a check?

        Yes, please follow the steps below:

        • Make the check payable to “UC Regents”.
        • Write your full name and student ID/employee ID number on the memo/for line.
        • Mail the check to the following address: 
        UC Berkeley
        Mechanical Engineering
        Aleta Martinez/Jacobs Hall
        2120 Etcheverry Hall
        Berkeley, CA 94720-1740
            • Confirm the full zip code is written as “94720-1740”. Otherwise your check will be lost.

            • Notify Aleta Martinez,, when your check has been mailed.


            Can my payment be split into two transactions/receipts for the purpose of reimbursements?

            Yes, please login to your account to view your order history before visiting the reception desk and calculate the total you would like for each transaction. We cannot create custom invoices. All order history information is viewable in your account for 1 week after the payment deadline.